5 WAYS TO MAKE TIME TO WORKOUT
Time is one of the main reasons people don't work out. Well, I SHOULD say one of the main excuses people use to not work out. I'm guilty of this myself but getting better on making time to work out which is really making time for myself. Exercise boost happiness levels, reduces your risk of heart disease, increases strength, and improves memory, energy & self confidence. If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what else will. Here are 5 ways to get you off the couch.
1. Find Support. This one is first for a reason. Having accountability and people that support you helps on days you would rather crawl in bed and eat an entire bag or chips followed by ice-cream. (Yes, that's real.) A strong support system gives you a better chance at reaching your fitness goal.
2. Work out at home. Can't make it to the gym? No problem! We have the world at our fingertips now and there are several platforms including Youtube and Instagram.
PEOPLE TO FOLLOW: @the_kyles, @kylehousefitness, @hannahbrofman, @hbfit, @musclemomfitness2015
3. Become a Morning Person. Whew. This one is TOUGH for me and I'm still a work in progress. Early workouts enhance your metabolism, improve physical and mental energy, and encourage consistency since your workouts are less likely to be interrupted.
4. Short but Effective. We are pulled in a million different directions but if we don't have a lot of time, just make it effective. Focus on what part of the body you want to target and GET IT DONE.
5. Include the kids! If you're a parent, you might be EXTRA stretched but including your kids can be an awesome way to get your workout in! My son is five and LOVES to join me in my workouts at home. I like to make fun games out of workouts and also use him as my "weight" with squats or push ups.