KOREAN BBQ WINGS
If you like your food to have a kick, you are in for a treat! I stepped out of my comfort zone with this recipe.but don't worry it's still a ''lazy girl recipe." I was inspired by Pinterest and tweaked a recipe I found. Let's get saucy.
First place chicken wings in a bowl with your choice of seasoning. I added salt, pepper, garlic, and squeezed half of lime into the mixture! Place wings flat and bake for about 15 minutes (Make sauce at this point - directions below).
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 TB rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 TB red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 TB cornstarch
- 1 TB water
- Sriracha to taste
- Place a small saucepan over medium high heat, and add all the ingredients except for the cornstarch and water.
- Whisk everything together and bring to a boil. In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water until it dissolves.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the boiling sauce, while constantly whisking for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat.
Take wings out of over and add sauce, Finish baking for 15-25 minutes depending on wing size and how crispy you want them. Top with red pepper flakes then serve with veggies and rice, make a korean bowl (ADD EGG! TRUST ME!), or pull away from bone to make tacos! The possibilities are endless! XoXX